In an online event held on April 13th 2022, we heard from cloud specialists and business leaders about the emerging trends and risks to cloud environments and some ways of tackling these new threats. Check out the roundup or catch the recording below.
In our recent protecting cloud environments with CrowdStrike webinar, we learnt some great things about cloud security, the threat landscape, common business challenges, and ways to make security a priority in an organisation.
If you missed out on the event, too bad … but here’s a handy roundup of things we learnt and key takeaways from our distinguished speakers and also the event recording.
Here are some of the key things that we learned from our speakers:
- The industry average is 287 days to spot and contain a breach.1
- Many organisations see challenges with resourcing, training, and time. This can hinder the implementation of best practices, potentially leading to problems.
- Security is a complex and constantly evolving field. It takes specialists and tools, and time to do it properly.
- But unsurprising, the right tech alone doesn’t solve all problems. You also need your people and processes working together to make it work.
- Getting to that point is a challenge for sure. In a way to tackle challenges and bring about good practices, the words of wisdom from Helaman were to “bring the leadership on the journey”.
catch the recording
If you’d like to rewatch it, or in case you missed it here’s the session recording below or the YouTube link if you prefer.
some words of thanks
As always, we want to give a special thanks to our speakers Igor Matich (Founder & Executive Director at Dynamo6), Helaman Tangiora (Head of Digital Transformation at Tainui Group Holdings), Chris Hoskin (A cloud security specialist at CrowdStrike), and Ben Sullivan (Technical Director of Cyber Security at NEXTGEN Group); all without whom the event and insights we took from it wouldn’t be possible. As well as our attendees for their time and great questions.
Contact us to let us know if you’d like more information about CrowdStrike such as a technical walkthrough with the team, to begin a cloud risk assessment for your organisation, or inquire about D6’s managed services.
catch the next event?
Just keep on scrolling to our footer and sign up for our newsletter below to be in the know about our upcoming events. :)