Due to company growth, we’re looking for a talented and creative software developer to help us build websites and apps.
If this role sounds right up your street, then we'd love to hear from you.
a bit about us
We are an established and independent technology company. We work as a tight team and we use leading cloud and digital technologies to deliver innovative IT solutions. Our clients are across the commercial and public sectors in New Zealand including some well-known Kiwi brands.
about the role
We're looking to hire a software developer in a fantastic full-time opportunity. This role reports to the Head of Technology & Development and will work alongside three other software developers building and maintaining websites and mobile apps.
We’re looking for someone who enjoys a challenge, is keen to get stuck in, and is passionate about delivering innovative solutions. Naturally, you’ll be able to build and maintain efficient and reliable code.
the role's responsibilities:
- Frontend and backend development
- Assisting with technical requirements design
- Software design and development
- Support of software solutions
- Testing and delivery of software
- Peer code review
- Other duties as required from time to time
This role will be based at our central Hamilton office.
a bit about you
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about what they create and is good at building relationships and articulating their solutions to others.
Overall, we’re looking for a candidate who:
- Has meticulous attention to detail
- Has good communication skills
- Works equally well on a team or independently
- Has excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Can work under pressure and to time constraints
- Possesses a desire to continuously learn, improve, and embrace the latest technologies
skills and experience
We’re also looking for someone with the following experience:
the substantial stuff
- 3 to 5+ years of software development experience
- Excellent HTML5 and CSS3
- Excellent PHP and MySQL
- Silverstripe, WordPress and Laravel experience
- Mobile app development knowledge e.g. iOS, Android, and React Native
- An understanding of database and storage design principles
- Responsive website development
- CSS preprocessors e.g. SASS and LESS
- Package management with NPM and Composer
- Cross-platform and browser testing
Experience in the following areas would be handy, but they aren’t essential.
- React Native or Flutter
- Serverless development techniques
- Task runners e.g. Gulp, Grunt
- Command-line skills with Apache & Ubuntu Linux
- Shopify integration knowledge
- DevOps, CI/CD tools e.g. Jenkins (Groovy), CodePipeline
- Configuration management tools e.g. Chef, Puppet
- CSS frameworks e.g TailwindCSS, Bootstrap, Material UI
- Understanding of SEO best practices
- Google Cloud Platform or AWS knowledge
- The right to live and work in New Zealand
we’ve got the goods
We're a down-to-earth bunch. Our company isn’t about hierarchies, we don’t do politics or egos, we just work together to deliver amazing outcomes for our clients.
We encourage a good work-life balance. To support this we offer flexible working hours and a mix of office and work from home is available. Professional growth and development are enabled too.
We have that independent tech company vibe. We’re passionate about keeping a fun environment to work in. We have regular team activities, such as luging in Rotorua, drinks, and lunches out. Friendly banter is also welcomed in our team chats.
the benefits & perks are...
- Awesome Hamilton CBD location
- Competitive remuneration package
- Fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Professional growth opportunities
- Collaborative and supportive team
- Fun and social working environment
- Flexible working available
- A company health insurance plan
- This role is in: Hamilton
- Application closes: 30 Nov 2022
- Time to apply