Due to company growth, we’re looking for a talented and creative software developer to help us build websites and apps.
If this role sounds right up your street, then we'd love to hear from you.
a bit about us
We are an established and independent technology company. We work as a tight team and we use leading cloud and digital technologies to deliver innovative IT solutions. Our clients are across the commercial and public sectors in New Zealand including some well known Kiwi brands.
about the role
We're looking to hire a software developer in a fantastic full-time opportunity. This role reports to the Head of Technology & Development and will work alongside three other software developers building and maintaining websites and mobile apps.
We’re looking for someone who enjoys a challenge, is keen to get stuck in, and is passionate about delivering innovative solutions. Naturally, you’ll be able to build and maintain efficient and reliable code.
the role's responsibilities:
- Frontend and backend development
- Assisting with technical requirements design
- Software design and development
- Support of software solutions
- Testing and delivery of software
- Peer code review
- Other duties as required from time to time
This role will be based at our central Hamilton office.
a bit about you
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about what they create and is good at building relationships and articulating their solutions to others.
Overall, we’re looking for a candidate that:
- Has meticulous attention to detail
- Has good communication skills
- Works equally well on a team or independently
- Has excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Can work under pressure and to time constraints
- Possesses a desire to continuously learn, improve, and embrace the latest technologies
skills and experience
We’re also looking for someone with the following experience:
the substantial stuff
- 3 to 5+ years of software development experience
- Excellent HTML5 and CSS3
- Excellent PHP and MySQL
- Silverstripe, WordPress and Laravel experience
- Mobile app development knowledge e.g. iOS, Android, and React Native
- An understanding of database and storage design principles
- Responsive website development
- CSS preprocessors e.g. SASS and LESS
- Package management with NPM and Composer
- Cross-platform and browser testing
Experience in the following areas would be handy, but they aren’t essential.
- React Native or Flutter
- Serverless development techniques
- Task runners e.g. Gulp, Grunt
- Command-line skills with Apache & Ubuntu Linux
- Shopify integration knowledge
- DevOps, CI/CD tools e.g. Jenkins (Groovy), CodePipeline
- Configuration management tools e.g. Chef, Puppet
- CSS frameworks e.g TailwindCSS, Bootstrap, Material UI
- Understanding of SEO best practices
- Google Cloud Platform or AWS knowledge
- The right to live and work in New Zealand
we’ve got the goods
We're a down to earth bunch. Our company isn’t about hierarchies, we don’t do politics or egos, we just work together to deliver amazing outcomes for our clients.
We encourage a good work-life balance. To support this we offer flexible working hours and a mix of office and work from home is available. Professional growth and development are enabled too.
We have that independent tech company vibe. We’re passionate about keeping a fun environment to work in. We have regular team activities, such as luging in Rotorua, drinks, and lunches out. Friendly banter is also welcomed on our team chats.
the benefits & perks are...
- Awesome Hamilton CBD location
- Competitive remuneration package
- Fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Professional growth opportunities
- Collaborative and supportive team
- Fun and social working environment
- Flexible working available
- This role is in: Hamilton
- Application closes: 30 Sept 2022
- Time to apply