We've got a fantastic full-time opportunity for a talented and experienced senior project manager. We’re looking for someone who’s keen to get stuck in managing our projects and project team.
If this role sounds right up your street, then we'd love to hear from you.
a bit about us
We are an established and independent technology company. We work as a tight team and we use leading cloud and digital technologies to deliver amazing IT solutions. Our clients are across the commercial and public sectors in New Zealand.
about the role
We're looking to hire an experienced senior project manager for a full-time opportunity. This role reports to the Founder and Executive Director and is a senior role within the company.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced digital project manager as well as a people manager. As a project manager, you will be responsible for the management of our biggest and most complex digital technology projects across application development and infrastructure. You’ll lead and coach technical and project team members, and play a key role in the successful delivery of our client’s technical infrastructure and digital assets.
As the senior project manager, you will ensure we’re operating efficiently, resolve any project related issues, as well as enable your team to successfully manage and deliver their projects.
the role's responsibilities:
- Client liaison and stakeholder management
- Time, cost, and scope management
- Identifying and forming project teams
- Resource utilisation
- Facilitation of project teams
- Progress reporting
- Ensuring project delivery meets required quality levels
- Risk and issue management
- Other duties as required from time to time
This role will be based at our central Hamilton office with occasional travel to serve our Wellington and Auckland based clients.
a bit about you
We’re looking for someone who’s a natural communicator as well as keen to dive in and get things done. We’re looking for a candidate that:
- Has a calm and collected manner
- Is proactive and well organised
- Is meticulous and productive
- Has strong communication skills
- Is pragmatic and comfortable responding to issues
- Able to empower others as well as hold people accountable
skills and experience
This is a senior project management role, so we’re also looking for someone with a fair bit of experience.
the substantial stuff
- 8+ years of digital technology sector project management experience is essential
- Experience delivering cloud computing, office productivity, websites and apps is beneficial
- Demonstrable experience managing time, cost, and scope of projects
- Experience keeping project teams on task and productive
- Experience with a range of delivery methodologies
- Experience delivering projects simultaneously
- Budget management and reporting experience
- PRINCE2® or Agile qualifications (or similar)
- Experience working as a Scrum Master is beneficial but not essential
- Change management experience would be beneficial but not essential
- The right to live and work in New Zealand
- A full drivers license
we’ve got the goods
We're a down to earth bunch and encourage a good work-life balance. We offer flexible working hours and a mix of office and work from home is available. Professional growth and development are enabled too.
We’re also super passionate about keeping a fun environment to work in. We have regular team activities, such as luging in Rotorua, drinks, and lunches out. Fun banter is also welcomed on our team chats.
the benefits & perks are...
- Awesome Hamilton CBD location
- Competitive remuneration package
- Fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Professional growth opportunities
- Collaborative and supportive team
- Fun and social working environment
- Flexible working available
- This role is in: Hamilton
- Application closes: 30 Dec 2021
- Time to apply