We've got a fantastic full-time opportunity for a cloud-engineering superstar. This is a lead technical delivery role with a focus on Azure and Microsoft Office 365 technologies.
You will design and implement technical solutions for our clients. Ensuring project progress is clearly communicated. You will also provide mentorship to our cloud engineers.
If this role sounds right up your street, then we'd love to hear from you.
a bit about you
- Proven ability to work under pressure and to time constraints
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to explain complex things in a simple way
- Excellent people skills and strong communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- A desire to continuously learn, improve, and embrace the latest technologies
a bit about you in paragraph form
You’re a tech-loving human who thrives on solving complex challenges. You’ll carefully listen to requirements and you get a kick out of solving problems.
You’re a gregarious personality and you always bring positive vibes. You are skilled at reassuring people and have a way of communicating that makes the complex seem simple.
the substantial stuff
This role reports to the Head of Cloud Operations. You will be responsible for the successful technical delivery of our client’s infrastructure solutions, security configurations, and ongoing maintenance. This is a full-time role based in our Hamilton office.
Working with our project managers, sales team, and account managers, you will ensure clear communication of project requirements and project progress. Helping to deliver superb customer service.
You will also be a strong mentor, guiding the development of our cloud engineers.
- Pre-sales and solution scoping
- Working with the Cloud Architect to design cloud environments
- Leading projects and managing customer project updates
- Overseeing and assisting in the implementation of cloud environment solutions
- Design and implementation of networks and security configurations
- Mentoring and coaching of our cloud engineers
- Documenting and creating training materials
- Handling service desk escalations where necessary
- Other duties as required from time to time
- 3+ years of experience as a cloud engineer
- Experienced in designing, configuring, optimizing and migrating to Azure
- Experienced delivering Microsoft 365 migrations
- Experience working in a professional services delivery environment
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience with Windows Server, and, Linux client and server technologies
- Basic scripting and automation in PowerShell and/or Python
- High level of understanding of disaster recovery, high availability, failover and redundancy processes
- Client and vendor experience
- Understanding of DevOps principles and Agile frameworks
- Experience as a mentor
We’d be thrilled if you had some of the following qualifications, or similar.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, computer science, or computer engineering
- Certifications in Azure, such as:
- Cloud security engineer professional
- Cloud network engineer professional
- Solutions architect professional
- Certifications in networking tools, such as:
- Cisco Meraki Networking Associate (CMNA), or,
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- Certifications in office productivity suites, such as:
- Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator Expert
- The right to live and work in New Zealand
- A full drivers license
we’ve got the goods
We’re a team that truly believes in using modern solutions to get the very best result for our clients. We’re fast on our feet (and well balanced on our office skateboard).
We're a well-established company with a big future. You will be working with the latest cloud computing and web technologies. We encourage professional development and help to enable your professional growth too.
We’re also super passionate about keeping a fun environment to work in. We have regular team activities, such as luging in Rotorua, drinks, and lunches out. Fun banter is also welcomed on our team chats.
the goods in bullet points...
- Awesome Hamilton CBD location
- Flexible working
- Competitive remuneration package
- Fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Professional growth opportunities
- Collaborative and supportive team
- Fun and social working environment
- This role is in: Hamilton
- Application closes: 26 Jul 2021
- Time to apply